Who can use this feature?
Segments are a highly flexible query engine that drives analysis, process, health, and focus throughout Totango. Use segments to create lists or groups of accounts, users, and more.
Where segments appear
Once saved, segments are referenceable throughout Totango. You can find segments in the following places:
- My Portfolio: Create and save private segments in My Folder
- SuccessBLOCs: Create and save private and public segments on the Segments tab of a SuccessBLOC. Choose from saved segments or ad hoc segmentation criteria to refine SuccessPlays, campaigns, scorecard KPIs, and reports.
- Health Profiles: Apply ad hoc segmentation criteria to within health configuration
- Totango User Management: Apply ad hoc segmentation criteria to define team account sets, team members, and team pools
- Global: Create and save private and public segments in shared folders (requires permissions)
- Search results: View your saved segments and segments shared with you
You can also use segments outside of Totango:
- Zoe: Share segments with others on a scheduled basis. Reference segments in Zoe Slack.
- Export: Segment results to CSV or Google Sheets
- Search API: Use segments to generate API end points
What you need to know
- Segments start with an object. The primary types of data in Totango are accounts and users, but you can also segment on touchpoints, collections, Totango Users, and other objects.
- Segment filters include a variety of data categories, depending on the object. Most commonly, you can filter segments using criteria from attributes, custom metrics, user actions, hierarchy roll-ups, and more.
- Edit a single attribute right from the segment cell, or update in bulk (requires permissions). Add columns to segments to sort and make additional refinements.
- Define triggers to assign tags or send emails whenever a record gets added or removed from the segment.
- Switch between different views: List, Progress, Timeline, and Work. Save your preferred view, and create copies of segments as needed.