Who can use this feature?
Segments are a highly flexible query engine that drives analysis, process, health, and focus throughout Totango. Use segments to create lists or groups of accounts, users, and more.
- Create a list of all accounts in risk to discuss during a strategy meeting
- See all contacts in your book of business and sort by Last Touch to see who you haven't reached out to in the last 30 days
- Find all accounts that don't have a Success Manager set and update values in bulk
Where segments appear
Once saved, segments are referenceable throughout Totango. You can find segments in the following places:
- My Portfolio: Create and save private segments in My Folder
- SuccessBLOCs: Create and save private and public segments on the Segments tab of a SuccessBLOC. Choose from saved segments or ad hoc segmentation criteria to refine SuccessPlays, campaigns, scorecard KPIs, and reports.
- Health Profiles: Apply ad hoc segmentation criteria to within health configuration
- Totango User Management: Apply ad hoc segmentation criteria to define team account sets, team members, and team pools
- Global: Create and save private and public segments in shared folders (requires permissions)
- Search results: View your saved segments and segments shared with you
You can also use segments outside of Totango:
- Zoe: Share segments with others on a scheduled basis. Reference segments in Zoe Slack.
- Export: Segment results to CSV or Google Sheets
- Search API: Use segments to generate API end points
What you need to know
- Segments start with an object. The primary types of data in Totango are accounts and users, but you can also segment on touchpoints, collections, Totango Users, and other objects.
- Segment filters include a variety of data categories, depending on the object. Most commonly, you can filter segments using criteria from attributes, custom metrics, user actions, hierarchy roll-ups, and more.
- Edit or clear a value for single attribute right from the segment cell, or update in bulk (requires permissions). Add columns to segments to sort and make additional refinements.
- Define triggers to assign tags or send emails whenever a record gets added or removed from the segment.
- Switch between different views: List, Progress, Timeline, and Work. Save your preferred view, and create copies of segments as needed.