Who can use this feature?
Segment views allow you to view data sets in different groupings:
- List View - Provides a tabular view of accounts within a segment
- Progress View - Provides a grouped status view of all accounts in different lifecycle statuses
- Timeline View - Provides a running view of the timeline of all the accounts in the segment
- Work View - See the overdue and completed tasks for the accounts in the segment
Timeline view is often used as a starting point for 1:1s with CSM teams. Learn more.
Sort and refine segment results
Sort and refine segment results in a variety of ways.
All Accounts/My Accounts: View results for all records that are available in your team's account set, or filter results by accounts assigned to you (My Accounts).
Search the result set: Start typing for a name in the segment search bar.
In an "Other" segment, there is no search.
Grouped By: Group your segment by any text-based attribute to analyze a group of accounts. Select the attribute from the Grouped By drop-down. Use column sorting to sort the grouping, and also switch to see only your accounts.
Grouped by option is only relevant in an account segment.
Column Selector: Select the columns to display in your results view and organize them in the order you want to view them in.
- Click the Edit Columns to manage columns for the results.
- Search for column headers, and drag & drop from the column bank.
- Reorder the columns on the right side by dragging & dropping a column in the order you want.
- Remove a column by using the "x" button located on the right side.
Table Sorting: Click on each header to sort the column. Clicking it again reverses the sorting.
Edit segment data
Edit a single attribute right from the segment cell, or update in bulk (requires permissions).
- Click inside cell to update the value. Or, select the accounts by selecting the check box(es) next to each row.
- Choose the option you want (Add Tags, Remove Tags, Edit Attributes, Clear Attribute Values).
- Choose one of the options, and click to apply.
Use segment actions
Segment actions allow you to monitor and take action on the data from a segment.
- Triggers: Automatically apply/remove tags on entry (meets the criteria) or on exit (no longer meets the criteria).
- Follow a list: Send a daily snapshot of the segment to your email.
- Create a SuccessPlay: Create a new action based on the criteria of the segment.
- Save current view as default: Save all segment preferences for future viewing.
- Download: Export segment results outside of Totango
- Copy: Create a copy of the current segment
- Delete: Remove the segment permanently (only if you own it or have global permissions)
Question: I have a column of data in my segment that includes numbers. I have it sorted from highest to lowest, but it is not sorting them correctly. Why?
Answer: Make sure that the attribute field type that contains these numbers is either a numeric or currency data type. If it is set up as a text field, it will sort left to right instead of highest to lowest.