Who can use this feature?
Segments allow you to create lists or groups of accounts, users, and more.
If you have advanced permissions, you can also create a segment for Totango Users (team members). Totango User segments allow you to analyze your own team metrics related to how they are using Totango.
Global admins can define permissions for the Totango users segment from Settings > User Management > Permissions > Application Permissions.
Create a Totango Users segment
Use a Totango Users segment to analyze team adoption of Totango or as new team members come on board.
As a manager, you may also consider creating account segments for each of your team members' portfolios, and using the timeline view as a coaching tool.
- Click the down arrow inside the search bar at the top of Totango.
- From the segment window, choose the Totango Users object.
The list of Totango users appears, according to the scope of permissions applied (see below).
- Add filter criteria or click Edit Columns to customize the segment. Choose from the available attributes under the following dimensions:
- Totango usage
- User master data
- User identity
Admins must enable Totango usage analytics to view information within the Totango usage dimension.
- Save the segment to your private folder.
- Optionally export the data to further analyze or add to your company dashboards.
Onboard new team members
For analyzing performance of new team members, consider adding the following columns from the Work dimension:
- Completed tasks (7d): Number of completed tasks in the past 7 days (e.g., using workflows consistently). For a new user, you may look for small increases in completed tasks (week over week) to indicate that your team member understands where to find tasks, how to complete them, and whether you’ve configured the right amount of tasks.
- Touchpoints (7d): Number of touchpoints added in 7 days (e.g., driving engagement). For a new user, you may look for small increases in touchpoints (week over week) to indicate that touchpoints are part of the team member’s daily workflow.
Completed tasks overdue (7d): Number of completed overdue tasks in the past 7 days (e.g., completing tasks in a timely manner). For a new user, you may look for small decreases in overdue tasks (week over
week) to indicate that the workload is manageable.
Analyze time spent in Totango
To determine which users are using Totango, consider adding the following filter criteria from the Totango usage dimension (requires Totango usage to be enabled):
- Time spent: Choose from 1d, 7d, 30d, or 90d.
Threshold: Greater or equal to 1
Understand team member scope
Displaying employee information and work outcomes should comply with your company policies. Totango applies the following order of precedence for Totango Users segments:
- Individual users: See all members in the current team
- Employee hierarchy: If enabled, individual users see only their own information. Managers only see themselves and first-level employees.
- Team Admins: See all members in the current team (overrides employee hierarchy)
- Global admins: See all Totango users across all teams
Question: Why searching the segment for first name, why don't I see any results?
Answer: The user identifier is the user id (email), so the search by name is not currently supported.
Question: How can I distinguish between Zoe users and regular Spark users?
Answer: Add a filter for License, and filter by Zoe or Spark license.
Question: How can I tell who is using Totango?
Answer: Create a Totango Users segment using filters for Time Spent. See above.