Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
Totango user management includes several configuration options to control the data and features that team members can access.
For guided training, check out our self-paced course: Managing Users & Teams in Totango.
Each user of Totango must have a named license assigned within user management. We refer to this assignment as a named user license. Totango offers three user licenses with varying platform capabilities and built-in access.
Roles and permissions
Account assignment (team roles)
Account assignment refers to explicit naming of team members who work on an account in a formal capacity, known as a team role—Success Managers (CSM), Sales Managers, Onboarding Manager, Executive Sponsor, and so on. These types of roles indicate ownership. Assignment roles can also be used for dynamic task assignment, campaign senders, and permissions.
Configure visibility among team members with regard to core scope of accounts and SuccessBLOCs. Optionally leverage employee hierarchy to dynamically define account set rules. Additionally, extended search scope allows team members to have limited visibility to accounts outside of their team's core scope.
Control data visibility within account and user objects.
- Privileged: Set account-level attributes, custom metrics, hierarchy roll-ups, or collections as privileged. Privileged data will only be visible on accounts within a team's core scope. In addition to attributes, optionally mark layout components of the account profile for privileged access (e.g., Contacts widget).
- Hidden: Set account-level attributes, custom metrics, or hierarchy roll-ups as hidden, such as deprecated or unused attributes over time. Hidden data will only be visible to Totango users with the "Attribute Visibility" permission (Permissions > Application Permissions > View hidden data).
- Sensitive: Set user-level attributes as sensitive. Sensitive data refers to personally identifiable information (PII) that you want to remove from visibility in Totango, except for global admins. Teams can still segment on user attributes that have been marked as sensitive.
- Read only: Set an attribute to not be editable within Totango to prevent teams from altering data. This option is often used for specific data points brought in from other systems where Totango is not the system of record.