The ability to customize the Account Profile enables you to present the relevant data for each account type and each team. Each account type that you use in your hierarchy may have different data points that are important, and each team may have different data points that are important for them on those account types.
In order to customize this layout, you must have the appropriate application permissions or be a Global Admin.
Topics covered in this article:
- Customizing what sections are shown
- Customizing Individual Widgets
Customizing what sections are shown
Once you have decided which data you would like to show for an account type, you can start customizing the account profile. This activity can be done only by global admin or team admin.
If you will be customizing by team as well, switch to the team that you want the settings to apply to before you begin. If you will be applying the changes to all teams, then you can do this from any team.
Click to open the settings menu
Account Type & Team - As mentioned, if you are changing the layout to be different by team, switch to the team where you want these changes to apply first. Same with Account Type, make sure you are on an Account Profile for the Account Type where you want the changes to apply first.
What type of account is this? - You will need to select if this is an 'ultimate child' account (meaning the very bottom of the hierarchy) or a 'parent' account (anything that is not an ultimate child. This not only allows you to customize the levels of this account differently, but will also present you with different customization options).
Profile Header - Select if you want the header to be visible or not. This might be useful for certain account types or child accounts where the important attribute information is actually housed at a different account level. Read more about how to Enhance Account Profile Header through customization.
Medium Widgets (Left) - This refers to all of the widgets on the left side of the Account Profile.
- Customer Health - Choose whether you want this to display for this account type and team. You do want to make sure this displays in some part of the hierarchy, but maybe you don't want it on all of them.
- Value metrics - This widget will display an area for you to create your own set of KPI scorecards that are important for this account type and/or team.
- Sub-Accounts/Products - This widget will show a list of active sub-accounts or products.
- Flow Status - You can add or remove specific Flow activity.
- Support - This will display Support Statistics.
- Tags - This will allow your Totango Users to add, remove and view tags on the Account.
- About this Company- This is detailed customer information including descriptions and social links. Note: You will only have information here if you populate the attribute 'Company Domain'.
- Collections - Add or remove any collection of custom information If you have created with Totango Virtual Collections.
- User & Usage Leaderboards
- i. User Leaderboard displays the top and new users, and how much they use the application.
- ii. Usage Leaderboard shows what the users are doing in the application, comparing the active users per module with similar accounts (the average active users in the accounts of the same health profile).
- Gain additional dynamic time-based insights within this section by adding Trend Charts.
Sidebar Widgets (Right) - this refers to all the widgets on the right side.
- Active Campaigns - Will show all of the campaigns that have targeted this account
- Assets - Key documents and other artifacts related to account
- Key Contacts - Will show users of this account that have been marked as Key Contacts
- Open Tasks - Will provide a quick view of any currently Open Tasks for this account.
- Revenue Center - If you have Revenue Center activated on your instance of Totango
- Timeline - Will provide a quick view of any recent activities on the account's timeline
Tabs - This refers to the tabs that are visible at the bottom of every Account Profile. You can select which tabs you want to show here.
- Activity Stream - Shows the most recent user activity stream
- Assets - Will display all of the assets that are saved for this account
- Information - Lists all attributes that have a value for this particular account (attributes with no value will automatically not be listed here), and you can see a history of changes made to these values, as well as Trend Charts.
- Timeline - Lists all actions and activities related to the account
- Usage & Users - Lists all usage and users related to the account
- Agenda - Lists all open and closed Tasks related to the account
Here you are can mark which Collections or Contacts are privileged access - meaning they are only visible to the users that have full access to these accounts based on the Team's Extended Scope Settings. For more about Privileged Access at the attribute level, check out this article.
External Links and Tabs
Here you can configure third-party system links that you would want to make available for users directly from the account profile. Simply provide a name, logo, and a link pattern using account specific attributes to make the link dynamic per account (such as sf_id)
You can also embed 3rd party applications (PowerBI, Looker, and other analytic applications) as custom tabs within Totango. You can define up to 3 tabs per account type and these appear in the Account Profile. The links can be dynamic so the data displayed varies for every account.
Note: Only Embed URLs can be added here. Regular URL's may be blocked by those applications.
Customizing Individual Widgets
If you have the appropriate application permission to update the widget configurations or if you are Global Admin, you will see a settings wheel on the widgets that can be individually customized. Keep in mind when you are adjusting these setting they will only apply to the account type that you are currently on and you will have the option to choose if the settings apply to the team that you are on - on for All Teams.
In order for the changes to apply to multiple account types, or teams (but not all teams), then you will need to go to each of those account types and teams to apply the changes.
Please note, when adding a column to display an attribute to the Product/Sub-Account widget, it will only display if that attribute is actually available on the Product/Sub-Account.
Learn more about attribute trend charts available on the Account Profile!