Who can use this feature?
A team allows you to configure visibility among your team members with regard to scope of accounts and SuccessBLOCs.
Create a new team
If you have an Enterprise plan, you can add up to 10 new teams based on business division, team objectives, geographic regions, or any criteria that fits your organizational structure
Best practices for structuring multiple teams
We recommend creating teams in Totango that represent your internal organizational structure. Whenever possible, it's best practice to include a Success Manager in one team (instead of multiple) to focus activity and programs around their initiatives.
Geography or region: North America, South America, Europe
- Success Managers in Team North America manage only accounts in North America
Product line: Product A, Product B
- Success Managers in Team Product A only manage accounts that have purchased Product A
Account type: Enterprise, mid-market
- Success Managers in Team Enterprise only manage enterprise accounts
- From Settings, expand User Management > Totango Users.
- On Teams tab, click +New Team.
- Enter team properties and configure settings (see below).
Configure team settings
Team settings include 4 primary areas:
- The team name, icon, color, and other defaults
- The accounts that are viewable in this team (not configurable in Community edition)
- The users who are members of the team
- Advanced settings for extended search and portfolio scope
All plans include a default team, which you can rename or configure. Defining the account set requires an upgraded plan.
- From Settings, expand User Management > Totango Users.
- Click on the team you want to configure.
- On the Overview tab, set the following properties:
- Team name: Visible to everyone on the team; the current team is displayed in upper corner of Totango
- Team description: Visible to anyone who can manage teams
- Team icon: Visible when switching teams
- Business hours: Set default hours for all campaigns sent by the team (see rules of precedence).
- Team type: Click to optionally apply or add a new team type. When defined, you can use team types to copy SuccessBLOCs to multiple teams at once. For example, if you have two teams (Enterprise West and Enterprise East), you can apply a team type of "Enterprise" to refer to both teams.
Team goal: Visible as a weekly goal displayed at the top of My Portfolio.
- Manager role: Default role to apply to any user added to this team who is listed as a manager of another Totango user (applies if employee hierarchy is enabled)
- Default team role: Default role to apply to any user added to this team (not a manager)
- On the Account Set tab, choose the accounts that team members are allowed to view. Click +More Filters to narrow the list of accounts using criteria.
Special considerations for account set segmentation:
Account assigned to the logged-in user: Use this criteria to limit the account set dynamically based on account assignment (e.g., owned by the user). If John and Emily are both added to the team, John sees all 10 accounts where he is assigned as Success Manager, whereas Emily sees all 30 accounts where she is assigned as Success Manager.
Employee hierarchy: Use any of the employee hierarchy filters to limit the account set dynamically based on manager assignment (e.g., Direct reports of, All reports, Direct reports who are not managers of). If George manages Lucille, she see all accounts owned by everyone who George manages.
Account hierarchy: If you use account hierarchy, we recommend using an attribute that is applied throughout the hierarchy, so that team members cam view parent and child account sets. For example, if you set up teams by product, you could use an attribute for the type of product they've purchased, defined at all levels of the hierarchy. If no attribute is used throughout the entire hierarchy, you can use the filter, "Parent Account Name" to ensure the parent and child accounts are included.
- On the Team Members tab, click +More Filters to add members to the team based on criteria. Or, click +Invite Users Manually to add team members ad hoc.
Special considerations for using criteria for team users segmentation:
- Filter by user segmentation, including custom Totango users attributes
- If employee hierarchy is enabled, use any of the employee hierarchy filters to limit the team members dynamically based on manager assignment (e.g., Direct reports of, All reports, Direct reports who are not managers of). When a manager is updated in a user profile, the team membership automatically updates.
- When criteria is used, team members cannot be removed manually.
- You can add global admins to any team
- You can add team admins to their own team(s)
Refer to Zoe configuration for managing Zoe Slack Bot team access.
- On the Advanced Setting tab, adjust preferences for extended account search to allow team members to search and view all accounts, outside team's account set, in read-only mode:
- No accounts outside the team's account set: Use account set only
- All accounts outside of the team's account set: View all account profiles outside of team scope; lists and collections marked as sensitive are hidden.
Selected criteria: View account profiles outside of team scope based on criteria; lists and collections marked as sensitive hidden.
In addition to hiding privileged and sensitive data from the account profile, accounts within the extended search scope are accessible only by search. Team members cannot add an account in an extended search scope to a segment.
- On the Advanced Setting tab, adjust preferences for my portfolio settings. For each role, choose what team members see in their My Portfolio view, the account type, and whether team members can adjust the default settings within the My Portfolio widget (lock/ unlock icon).
- All accounts in the team: Use account set only
- Accounts of direct reports that have a role in the account assignment: Manager portfolios reflect the account set of direct reports (requires employee hierarchy)
- Accounts of all reports that have a role in the account assignment: Manager portfolios reflect the account set of all reports (requires employee hierarchy)
- Accounts of team members with any role in the account assignment: Limit account set based on an explicit account assignment role
Question: What is extended search scope?
Answer: Extended search scope allows team members to view limited information for accounts outside of the team's account set.
Question: What is team type?
Answer: Team type is a categorization mechanism used when copying SuccessBLOCs among teams.
Question: What is a default team role?
Answer: For each team that a user belongs to, you can define a different role. The default role allows you to apply the preferred role every time a user is added to the team, rather than adjust the role manually within a user's profile.