Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
Tasks indicate work that needs to be done on an account. When an account assignment changes (e.g., a new Success Manager or Sales Manager is assigned to the account), you can determine the policy for how to re-assign the incomplete tasks from the previous person.
There are several ways in which the account assignment role may change:
- API integration
- Update Account Assignment widget on an account profile
- Update the assignment role from a segment
- Delete or disable a Totango user, or reassign resources
When a Totango user is disabled, the system requires you to reassign the private resources that belong to that user.
Configure an automatic task assignment policy
The default setting does not automatically update task assignment when an account role is transferred, which means any open tasks must be manually reassigned. Global admins or users with advanced permissions can configure an automatic account and task ownership policy.
Manual tasks refer to ad hoc tasks created by users, as opposed to tasks created by SuccessPlays or other sources.
- From Settings, click User Management > Totango Users > General Settings.
- Under Account and Task Ownership Changes, choose one of the following options:
- Update account ownership (no task changes)
- Update account ownership and assign open tasks except manual tasks
- Update account ownership and assign all open tasks, including manual tasks
Your selection automatically saves.
The next time a Totango user reassigns an account role, Totango prompts with a notification:
Any Totango user who was reassigned to the tasks also gets notified via email:
If more than one account was reassigned, Totango sends a summary email to the user:
Totango generates these emails every 15 minutes, thus in case when the processing takes longer, the recipient will receive several emails. Each message contains unique information; they do not repeat each other.