Who can use this feature?
Contacts appear on the account profile (Contacts widget). A contact is an additional classification for a user and typically represents a person at a customer company that you do business with. Contacts may also represent a user of your products.
Add a contact from the account profile
Adding a contact from the Contacts widget automatically creates a user profile.
- From an account profile, click the +Add Contact icon in the Contacts widget.
- Start typing the contact's name. If the contact is already in Totango, you can associate the person with the current account. If not, choose the (new) option.
- In the Add contact window, enter the remaining information about the person.
- Email, First Name, and Last Name are required.
- Account role may vary, depending on the account profile to which you're associating the contact
- Key contact is an additional designation to quickly identify top contacts, denoted by a crown icon.
- Click Save.
Learn more about viewing contacts within account hierarchies.
Add a contact from an integration
- value = yes (lowercase) - adds the user as a contact
- value = no (lowercase) - removes the contact but keeps the user profile
- value = yes (lowercase) - adds the user as a key contact
- value = no (lowercase) - removes the key contact but keeps the user profile
Remove a contact from the Contacts widget
You can remove a contact from the Contacts widget of the account profile. Deleting a contact sets the "Contact" attribute (and "Key Contact" if set) to "no" so that the individual no longer appears in the Contacts widget. However, the individual's user profile is still available and tied to the account.
If you set the "Contact" attribute to "no" from within a user's profile, Totango automatically sets the value back to "yes" if the "Key Contact" value is still set to "yes." A user who is a key contact will remain in the Contacts widget until the "Key Contact" and "Contact" values are "no."
- From the account profile, locate the contact you want to remove.
- Hover over the contact name, and click Delete Contact.
- Click yes to confirm the change.
To additionally delete the user's profile, see this article.
Question: When I delete a contact from a Totango account profile, it gets recreated the next day. How can I ensure my integration is set up properly?
Answer: You may have an inbound integration job set up correctly (e.g., updating Totango contacts from your data source), but you still need an outbound integration job (e.g., updating the data source from Totango). That way, the data source has the most recent changes and the next sync from that data source will not add the contacts that had been purposely removed.
Question: How do I download a list of contacts for all of my accounts? I want to report on all account contacts, not just key contacts.
Answer: Create a user segment with the following settings:
- Add the "Contact: yes" filter
- Add the "Name" and "Email" columns to the segment
Then click the Ellipses (...) to download to CSV or other option.