Bringing your support and ticket data into Totango provides richer customer context for your customer success teams. View support data without having to leave Totango, strengthen your early warning system, and proactively help your customers resolve issues.
Where does support data appear?
Once you configure a Totango integration with your support and ticketing system, your teams can leverage that data in the following ways:
Segmentation engines: Use support criteria to filter segments, build health profile metrics, trigger campaigns and SuccessPlays, and create reports and scorecard KPIs. See below.
Timeline: View tickets on the account profile or My Portfolio timeline using the Support flow.
Support widget: When exposed on the account profile, the Support widget provides a snapshot of the number of unsolved tickets, ticket volume, satisfaction score (if available), and the last 3 tasks and touchpoints associated with the Support flow.
If using Zendesk for your support and ticket integration, you can optionally link out to your Zendesk instance directly from the widget.
This widget must be enabled in the profile layout.
If the widget is not visible on the account profile, the system attributes are still available to use in segment filters and columns. Support attributes are not available on the account profile All tab.
Collection widget: Your administrator can optionally add a collection to the account profile to show individual ticket details.
What support attributes are available?
Depending on the integration, you can create mappings for the support attributes you need. The following support attributes are available as system attributes in the Support dimension. They are available to use in all segmentation engines:
- Ticket volume: Represents the number of tickets opened in the last period (the period in most cases is 30 days)
- Top priority ticket volume: Represents the number of urgent and high priority tickets opened in the last period (the period in most cases is 30 days)
- Unsolved tickets: Represents open tickets (not yet resolved)
- Top priority unsolved tickets: Represents urgent and high priority open tickets (not yet resolved).
- Satisfaction score: Represent the support satisfaction score aggregation for this customer. The satisfaction score is a formula based on the number of good satisfaction ratings divided by all satisfaction rating responses (e.g, 100% is the highest).
- Top priority satisfaction score: Represent the urgent and high priority tickets support satisfaction score aggregation for this customer.
The satisfaction score metric is a numeric attribute. Although it is presented as a percentage in the widget (e.g., 87%), the value should be a number (e.g., 87).
Question: If the Support widget is not added to any account profile, will I still be able to use it in segments, reports, and health configuration?
Answer: Yes, the support widget is a visualization of the support ticket information in an account profile. Even without it, you can use the support ticket information across the application.
Question: We started importing ticket data from Zendesk, but now we are using a different ticketing system. What's the best practice for switching to a new integration?
Answer: Turn off the Zendesk integration in Totango. Create a new integration with the new system, and start sending the support tickets information to the same Totango support tickets attributes (integration mapping). The history of the support tickets from Zendesk will still be there, so you can still use the same SuccessPlays, segments, reports, and the account profile trend lines.
Question: Can I upload the support ticket attributes via a CSV file?