Who can use this feature?
Create a scheduled integration job to export data from Totango into a CSV stored in another system, on a recurring basis. Scheduled CSV file exports are available for the following applications:
Scheduled data files require a connection before you create the integration job. Ensure the user who authenticates the connection with S3 or the SFTP client has write permissions in those systems.
- Pipe Totango data into any BI tool
- Distribute data across your organization
- Distribute data for closed-loop ETL pipelines, for example: Totango CSV > S3 > Lamba (aggregations & transformations > Totango
Export a data file (recurring)
Totango allows you to export data from Totango for the Accounts, Users, Collections, Tasks, and Touchpoints objects.
- From within Settings, expand Data Management > Customer Data Hub.
- From the list of active connectors (left), choose Data Files.
- From the list of available connectors, hover over the Amazon S3 or SFTP connector you have configured, and click View Integrations.
- Click +Create Integration.
- Choose from the available objects to export (e.g., Accounts, Users, Collections, or Tasks).
A new integration page appears, based on the selected object (e.g., New Accounts Export Integration).
- In the Filter & Preview area, add filters to choose what accounts to include in the exported file. Additionally, click Edit columns to choose which attributes to include.
- From the Settings section, set the following:
- Name: Because you can later export data for the same object, a name and description helps you identify the job later.
- Description: Add a description for the job.
- Export Settings (File Name): The name of the file. The file is always exported with a .csv extension.
- Add a timestamp and don't overwrite the file: Timestamp will create a unique file every time, instead of overwriting the previous file. If enabled, the timestamp format is as follows: yyyyMMdd_HHmmSS.
- From the Schedule section, set the following:
- Run / On time: Automatically set for daily at 12pm of your Totango service's time zone. This schedule gives Totango's daily processes ample time to complete, ensuring that the export file will always contain the most up-to-date information available.
- Upload immediately after saving: Run the job now and then run according to the schedule thereafter, or run it according to the next schedule only.
- Enable integration scheduling: Allow the scheduling job. If unchecked, the job will be saved in a disabled state.
- Click Save.
- The job is saved, and you can monitor export progress in real time. The sync status changes automatically as the job completes. Export time is measured from the beginning of the file export.
- Click inside a job to view more details.
Exports for most objects will be immediately reflected in the UI of the target system once the processing is done for the selected schedule.
Manage integration options for scheduled jobs
Hover over an integration job and click the Ellipses (..) to view options:
- Edit: Change job mappings, settings, or schedule.
- Run now: Run the job immediately. Will not impact the existing recurring schedule.
- Download: View the file that was exported and analyze the data outside of Totango. Download any file from a previous job from the Job History window.
- Duplicate: Create a copy of the job.
- Disable scheduling: Disable the integration job. You can re-enable a schedule anytime.
- History: View the history of the job. Filter by integration history or details. Download the source file for any job.
- Trigger API: Find the API call structure details for triggering the file integration right when your company data process ends. Read more.
- Delete: If you don't need the integration job anymore, you can delete. This is a permanent action.
Question: What happens if I do not choose to add a timestamp to the export settings?
Answer: The integration will overwrite the file in the target system each time the job runs.
Question: What happens if an attribute used in integration is deleted from the Data Model?
Answer: You cannot delete an attribute that is mapped in a recurring job.