Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
If available, you may create accounts using a form within Totango.
The process for adding customer accounts in Totango is typically tightly enforced by your data admin; many businesses set rules for importing accounts from their CRM system or other integration.
Create a new account from My Portfolio
Start from the My Portfolio page to create a new ultimate parent or primary account.
- From the My Portfolio page, click the +Quick Actions bar > Create Account.
- With the form, enter the following information:
- Unique Account ID
- Unique Account Name
- Choose the right Account Type
- Enter other details on the form (e.g., Contract Value, Contract Start Date, Contract Renewal Date). Your admin can customize the attributes on this form.
- Click Submit.
Create a new account from the account profile
Start from the account profile if you want to create sub-accounts under a primary account.
- From the account profile that you want to add a sub-account for, the icon to add an account.
- With the form, enter the required details. The Parent ID is automatically populated. Your admin can customize the attributes on this form.
- Click Submit.
Question: I entered wrong Account ID when I added an account to my portfolio. Can I change it?
Answer: The Account ID in is a system attribute that cannot be changed quickly in the UI. You could delete the account and then recreate it.
- Find the account in the archive and unblock it (delete).
- Wait ~10 minutes and add the account again with the right Account ID.