Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
Access "grants" are a secure way for you to allow the Totango support team to log into your Totango account (internally known as "switch access.") When a grant is active, Totango may allow authorized employee access to your instance for the following purposes:
- Diagnose and resolve issues you've submitted
- Assist with configuration of your Totango account during onboarding
Global admins—and any user with permissions to modify global settings—can choose to grant and revoke authorized access for selected periods of time.
If you're a new customer, Totango automatically enables access grants for 90 days (as of October 15, 2023). We highly recommend allowing grant access for the duration of your onboarding process if it extends beyond 90 days.
Create a new grant
Once created, each grant displays the following:
- Status: Active, Revoked. Hover over the status to icon to see when the status last changed, including the Totango user who made the change (if applicable).
- Created at: Date and timestamp of grant creation, including Totango user who created the grant
- Expires on: Date at which the grant will automatically be revoked
- Notes: Optional note included at the time of grant creation
- From the left nav, click Settings > General.
- From the Support Account Access section, click Grant Access.
- In the New Access Grant window, choose the duration of the grant. Duration options include:
- 3 days
- 7 days
- 14 days
- 30 days
- 90 days
- Custom (select a date)
- Optionally add a note for why this grant was created.
- Click Create Grant.
The grant is created. The grant will be automatically revoked when the duration expires. You may revoke access at anytime, even if it is prior to the expiration.