Who can use this feature?
- Global admins
- Available on all plans
Totango provides an API for triggering manual SuccessPlays in Totango from external systems. Manual SuccessPlays support the following Totango actions:
Invoking the API can be done manually (e.g., a button in the external system's UI) or triggered based on external system criteria (e.g., an event is detected).
- Create a custom button in Salesforce. When a salesperson clicks the button, Totango runs a SuccessPlay that creates a task on the corresponding account or opportunity record in Totango.
- When an event is detected in the external system (e.g., LinkedIn), Totango runs a SuccessPlay that requests the corresponding CSM to update their sentiment on the account.
Before you begin
- The user setting up the API must be a Totango admin
- You need your Totango API token key (personal access token or OAuth application*)
- Like all APIs, there is a global rate limit of 100 calls/minute for each token
- Account ID and SuccessPlay ID are required
- The SuccessPlay referenced must be marked as manual and active
When leveraging OAuth applications for authentication, your OAuth application must have the “SuccessPlays: Trigger manual SuccessPlays” scope enabled.
Below is the cURL statement (POST request).
APP_TOKENwith your authentication token.
<SuccessPlayID>with the SuccessPlay ID, which you can find in the URL of any SuccessPlay (e.g., 66b6ea0c-e855-40a1-b875-d4dd96a58638).
<accountID>with a Totango account ID.
curl -L 'https://api-test.totango.com/api/v2/automations/run-manual-successplay'
-H 'app-token: APP_TOKEN'
-H 'Content-Type: application/json'
If successful, the SuccessPlay will be triggered and the response returns the following: Success
If validation does not pass, the API returns one of the following responses:
- User is not authorized with role: SERVICE_ADMIN
- Response when the user attempting to authenticate is not an administrator
- SuccessPlay not found
- Response when the SuccessPlay ID does not exist or is not active
- SuccessPlay is not configured as manual
- Response when the SuccessPlay is not configured to be manually triggered
- Account not found
- Response when the account id is not found