Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
The Totango app in Salesforce allows any licensed Totango user to log into the Totango app in Salesforce. Once configured, named users can access the Totango application from a tab within the Salesforce UI (embedded), without having to leave Salesforce.
Looking for the Totango Salesforce widget instead? Click here.
1. Update the Salesforce Organization ID in Totango
The Salesforce Organization ID is required for configuring the Totango app. This setting is attached to the Single Sign-On settings, but enabling single sign-on is not required.
- Within Salesforce, open Company Settings Company Information.
- Copy the Salesforce Organization ID.
- Within Totango, open Settings from the left nav.
- Expand User Management > Authentication Settings.
- In the Single Sign-On Options area, select Salesforce, and then click Edit Settings.
- Paste the Organization ID, and click Save.
- When you receive a confirmation message, you can optionally clear the Salesforce check box if you do not want to enable Single Sign-On. The Organization ID remains saved in the settings.
2. Add the Totango managed package
Install the Totango Salesforce managed package.
Installing applications in Salesforce requires a Salesforce Enterprise or unlimited license.
- Access the latest version of the package.
Click Continue on the Package Installation page and Next on the following approval page.
Make sure you select “Grant access to all users” under Security Settings and complete the installation procedure.
3. Configure the Totango tab in Salesforce
The tab enables Salesforce users to access Totango without leaving the Salesforce application. You can set permissions to allow access to all or some of your Salesforce users.
In the event that your network is behind a firewall, you will need to whitelist our servers so that we may retrieve data from your servers.
Non-custom domain setup
- In Salesforce, navigate to Managed Apps > Connected Apps > TotangoApp.
- Change OAuth policy for the connected app from “All users may self-authorize” to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized.”
- Assign profiles that you want to be able to access the Totango tab.
- In the Profiles section, click Manage Profiles and pick individual user profiles
- If you would like to provide access to all Salesforce users, choose Standard User.
The selected Salesforce users can now access Totango directly within a new Totango tab.
Custom domain setup
When using a custom domain in Salesforce, you must configure the Totango URL as one of the trusted IPs.
- In Salesforce, navigate to Set Up > Security Controls > Network Access.
- Click New to add a new entity under Trusted IP Ranges.
- Enter the Totango IP list (both as start and end addresses).
- Click Save.
- Go to Managed Apps > Connected Apps > TotangoApp.
- Click the View OAuth Usage to get to Connected Apps OAuth Usage.
- Locate the Totango Gateway entry and click Install.
- Confirm the installation.
- Verify the installation by going to the Connected Apps OAUth Usage page, and verify it is installed and unblocked.
- The setting should apply after a few minutes and load successfully.