Who can use this feature?
- Global admins
- Available on all plans
The Totango Salesforce widget allows your teams to view Totango insights within the Salesforce UI via a widget on the account profile (or other Salesforce object). Any Salesforce users can consume the data within the widget, even without requiring a Totango user license.
If Salesforce users want to view more insights for the account (e.g., Totango health profile and account tags), a Totango login is required.
Looking for the Totango app in Salesforce instead? Click here.
1. Add the Totango widget
Add the Totango widget to the Salesforce Account object page layout. You can add custom fields to the Lead and Opportunity objects as well.
The Totango Widget is not supported in Lightning Experience page layout. This feature is also not supported if you are using custom objects to bind with Totango accounts under a Salesforce legacy connection.
- Log into Salesforce with an administrator user.
- Click Setup, and then choose Customize > Accounts from the left navigation menu.
- Choose Page Layout.
- Select the appropriate account layout to edit. (If you’re not sure, you probably want the last one on the list.)
- Select & drag the “Section” field from the toolbox to the place on the layout you wish to put the Totango information. Name the section “Totango,” and choose “1 Column” as the layout. Then click OK.
- Click Visualforce Pages, and locate “Totango Account Insights.” Drag it to the section you just created.
- Click on the Properties icon on the top-right of the Visualforce section.
- Change Height to 290, and click OK.
- Save the account layout.
- If you are using Totango to manage Leads or Opportunities, repeat this process for those objects.
- If you want the Totango insights in a different Salesforce object, use the mapping table to define the object and target fields in Salesforce, and make sure you create these custom fields in Salesforce.
The widget is added to the layout. Use the Show more button in the widget to view more information (requires a Totango login to view).
2. Create an integration job to send Totango insights to the widget
To populate the widget, create an outbound integration job using the Totango Insights Outbound object. Totango provides a default mapping template to match the Totango widget fields. Settings and scheduling of this job is like in any other integration job.
If you want the Totango insights in a different Salesforce object, it is possible. Use the mapping table to define the object and target fields in Salesforce, and make sure you create these custom fields in Salesforce.
An integration job requires a Salesforce connection.
Default mapping for Totango Insights Outbound:
It is highly recommended not to change it.
More details on the fields:
- Totango Account Health: Current account health (Good, Poor, Average) and an icon with health color.
- Totango Health Profile: The health profile name that the account belongs to.
- Totango is Online: The online status from the usage monitor. Green dot indicating the account is online.
- Totango Last Update: Date stamp for when the data was last updated.
- Totango License Utilization: The rate between the number of active users in an account and the total number of licenses purchased.
- Totango URL: Link to the account profile in Totango.
- Totango Usage Frequency: At-a-glance metric that helps you determine how often an account is used.
- Totango Active Users Last 14 Days: The total number of active users in an account.
- Totango Engagement: The account Engagement Score
- Totango Engagement Change: Change in Totango Engagement Score
- Totango Insights: Accounts tags