Who can use this feature?
- Global admins or users with advanced permissions
- Available on all plans
Refer to Manage your account hierarchy for foundational concepts.
Map an account hierarchy structure
Use the account hierarchy starter template (CSV) as a guide.
- Create an Salesforce integration job for the account object.
- Within the mapping, ensure the following for source field and Totango attribute:
- Parent ID: Map the native Parentid from Salesforce (or custom if you created one) to the Parent ID in Totango. This value holds the account id of the parent account/level.
- Product ID (custom object in this case): Use the field that holds the parent account (in case it is a reference to the account) or any field holds the account Id.
- Account Type: Use a different account type at every level (e.g., Company, Region, Product). Each account profile (per type) is its own record.
- Validate mapping and run the integration.
- This process for building the hierarchy structure in Totango may take up to 30 minutes. When finished, validate that you can view a profile for every level in the hierarchy structure.
- Ensure that every parent level is configured as a "Parent" in the account profile layout. The ultimate child level must be configured as the Ultimate Child in the layout.
- From the account profile (All tab), ensure the Parent ID value has the correct parent Account ID.
- When working with Support, please send as much detail as much as you can, including an example of accounts IDs, file name, time of upload, and hierarchy expectation.
Question: How do I set the account type?
Answer: You can set the account type during the integration. Make sure each level of the hierarchy has a different Account Type, which identifies the level itself.
Question: How do I send the same data to multiple account types/levels?
Answer: While numeric data can be rolled up the parent level, other attribute types (such as Date, text, Lifecycle, and list) cannot and need to be present within each row for which you want it to live on the account profile. See recommendations for which levels to use contract value and usage data.
Question: How do I set up roll-up values?
Answer: Hierarchy roll-ups allow you to display aggregated values on parent accounts from child accounts.