Using the new Salesforce aggregation connector you can now import aggregated data to Totango using Salesforce SOQL query that includes a GROUP BY term
With this new connector, as an example, you can import from Salesforce to Totango the number of open opportunities per account or the sum $ value of all closed won opportunities per account, etc.
This connector can be used to import Accounts, Users and Collections to Totango from Salesforce
Step by Step
1. In Customer Data Hub, choose the Salesforce Aggregation connector in the CRM section
2. Connect (you can use the same credentials as your regular Salesforce connector)
3. Add your SOQL query (with a GROUP BY term) and click Load Preview
4. Continue as usual with mapping, scheduling and settings
5. Click Save and Sync
Notes, best practices and and Limitations
- The SOQL query must include a GROUP BY term
- Salesforce limits SOQL GROUP BY queries to 2000 results. If your query returns more than 2000 results you will need to split it to multiple jobs each with query that returns up to 2000 results.
- Be aware that your SOQL query might return number of results lower than the 2000 limit, but over time the number of results will get higher than 2000 and then the job will fail. Please subscribe to Customer Data Hub notifications to get notifications on jobs failing.
Supported job types : Accounts, users, collections (inbound only)
- Write-back is not supported for aggregation jobs
- GROUP BY ROLLUP and GROUP BY CUBE are not supported