Your Onboarding Stages are represented using a Lifecycle Status attribute type in Totango, which allows you to automatically track the time in each stage. These are key stages of the process and each stage will include a series of tasks required to complete that stage. These should be fairly high level (about 4 - 5 stages total). Onboarding Stages are included out of the box with the Manage Onboarding Projects SuccessBLOC. Prior to configuring your Manage Onboarding Projects SuccessBloc, or configuring your High Touch Onboarding Health, we recommend that you review and update (if necessary) these onboarding stages to match your process. This guide will provide you with instructions on how to review and edit your Onboarding Stages in Totango, so you can prepare to set up your Manage Onboarding Projects SuccessBLOC and High Touch Onboarding Health!
Onboarding Stage Navigation
To review Onboarding Stages in Totango, first click on the hamburger menu at the top left of your Totango instance, and navigate to Global Settings.
Then select Data Management>Data Modeler from the Settings menu.
Search for Onboarding in the search bar at the top right of the Data Modeler:
Click on the Name Onboarding Stage and it will generate a pop-up screen for the Onboarding Stage editor:
- Values: These are the names of your Onboarding Stages, listed in descending order.
- Flow: This is tied to the Onboarding Flow, which ties these stages to your Manage Onboarding Projects SuccessBLOC.
- Dimension: The category for this attribute that will be assigned for weighting if this attribute is used as a metric in a multi-dimensional health profile.
- Source: When you see the API: indicator on source, this means that this attribute is created in Totango. You will manage these Onboarding Stages through Totango, so this is appropriate.
- Editability: Totango will be the source of truth for the Onboarding Stages, so you will want to leave this enabled allow Totango and Totango users on your team to update this stage manually or through a SuccessPlay.
- Default Value: Since Totango will be the source of truth for your Onboarding Stages, you may leave the default setting in place. This would only be changed if your Account data source updates these stages.
Edit Onboarding Stages
If the onboarding stages recommended out of the box do not reflect your process, that's okay! You may relabel the stages in descending order in this editor to match your onboarding process. This is the recommended best practice.
- To edit an existing value in an onboarding stage, click on the title of that stage and change the name. Then click the green check next to the text box to save, or the x to cancel. Since these stages may not be dragged and dropped to be re-ordered, you must edit the stage name labels in descending order to reflect your process.
- To disable an Onboarding Stage, click the toggle next to that stage. The value will be faded, and the next stage descending on the list will become the subsequent stage available, as seen below in the Business Discovery stage. This is used when you may add a new stage to your process in the future, and allows you to save the place in the stages for the new stage.
- To add a new stage, click the blue + sign at the bottom of the list of values, to add an additional stage. Note - we recommend renaming stages in descending order and THEN adding additional stages if necessary. This is because they can not be reordered.
- When you are done updating your stages, click the green Save button at the top of the screen.