Your Customer's Journey represents the key stages that they go through, post-purchase through advocacy. Pre-defined Customer Journey stages are already present in your Totango instance, andy you may use those out of the box. However, they may not align with your Customer Journey and terminology. In this article, you will learn how to view and edit your Customer Journey stages to prepare for your work on the Manage Onboarding Projects SuccessBLOC. If you would like to learn more about defining your Customer Journey before configuring in Totango, see our guide on How to Map your Customer's Journey.
Customer Journey Stage Navigation Overview
To review Customer Journey Stages in Totango, first click on the hamburger menu at the top left of your Totango instance, and navigate to Global Settings.
Then select Data Management>Data Modeler from the Global Settings menu.
Search for Customer or Journey in the search bar at the top right of the Data Modeler:
Click on the name Customer Journey Stage and a popup will populate:
- Display Name: We advise against editing this name, as it is seen across many resources in our help center.
- Description: You may provide a description of this stage attribute to display to your team on hover over, but this is not required.
- Dimension: You may leave this field blank.
- Type: Customer Journey Stage is a type of status for your Accounts, so you will not change this field.
- Values: These are the names of your Customer Journey Stages, listed in descending order.
- SuccessFlow: This is tied to the overarching Growth SuccessFlow, which represents the full customer lifecycle.
- Source: When you see the API: indicator on source, this means that this attribute is created in Totango. If you set up your data source (CRM/Database) to populate the Customer Journey field as your source of truth, that will display in this area.
- Editability: If your data source (CRM/Database/CSV) is the source of truth for your Customer Journey stages, and you will not use Totango to automate your Customer Journey, you will uncheck this box. However, in most cases Totango will be the source of truth for the Customer Journey, so you will want to allow Totango and Totango users on your team to update this stage manually or through a SuccessPlay.
- Default Value: If using your Account data source as the source of truth for your Customer Journey stages, you may choose how Totango behaves if we receive null Customer Journey field data. Since Totango will likely be the source of truth, you may leave the default setting in place.
Edit Customer Journey Stages
Remember, to prepare for Onboarding, the most important thing is to make sure you have an Onboarding Customer Journey Stage, and the Customer Journey Stage that follows Onboarding set in Totango.
- To edit an existing value in a journey stage, click on the title of that stage and change the name. Then click the green check next to the text box to save, or the x to cancel.
- To disable stages you do not plan to use, click the toggle to the right of the stage.
- To add a new stage, click the blue + sign at the bottom of the list of values, to add an additional stage. Note - we recommend renaming stages in descending order and THEN adding additional stages if necessary.
Now that your Customer Journey Stages are set, you may review and update your Onboarding Stages!