Emails remain an essential medium of engagement with your customers/users. Creating rich, engaging emails with personalized content is critical for getting your users' attention in an increasingly distracted world. You can do just that with our component-based drag and drop campaign designer. The new designer has the following benefits over our legacy designer.
- The new campaign designer has rich, flexible, rich drag and drops components to create genuinely engaging email campaigns.
- Compose an email with multiple layouts and sections and drag and drop components anywhere to create rich emails
- Add multiple buttons and images and move them around anywhere in the email
- Rich, beautiful intent-based campaign templates ready for you to use out of the box
- User click tracking for all buttons and links
- A dynamic company theme and footer, so existing campaigns reflect the latest changes.
This article contains the following sections.
- Campaign creation demonstration
- Choosing a template and customizing it
- Basic Email Settings
- Tracking all Links for user engagement
- Campaign Components
- Defining and updating your company theme
- Converting campaigns created using the legacy designer
Campaign creation demonstration
Our designer Calvin walks you through how easy it is to create a campaign, and she also walks through the settings so you can see how to create that perfect campaign!
Choosing a template and customizing it
When you create a campaign, the first step is to choose a template from the existing list of templates. We have provided a rich list of templates for you to choose from. The templates will appear in your company theme colors.
Once you choose a template, you can make changes to the template by dragging and dropping various components into the email body.
Basic Email Settings
When configuring your email, you can define a few settings that apply to the entire email.
The usage component allows you to add account metrics or other attributes to inform customers via campaigns. It is a powerful tool in personalizing campaigns and increasing retention.
The usage component supports the following visualization options
1. A horizontal card type
2. A numeric Scorecard type visual
Choose a metric such as Active Users or Active Days or other metrics you may want to inform your customers. You can add a display label and choose an icon. Scheduling these campaigns on a recurring basis such as weekly and monthly lets you send the progress to your customers on a periodic basis.
Tracking all links for user engagement
With this Designer, you can link images, buttons, and links in texts. Each of these links is trackable and can be added in segments using the "Engaged With" query term. Using Engagement to target users for other campaigns can result in better segmentation and personalization. You can also use this for triggering SuccessPlays. For tracking links, follow these steps.
- Check the Track Link checkbox
- Enter a unique link name for the link/button. The names must be unique within this campaign
Once you have enabled the campaign you can use the engagement in segments as well as other campaigns. Here is how you can use it in segments
You can use this criteria in the following ways
- Segment users who engaged with a specific link and sent them specific campaigns
- Trigger SuccessPlays to team members based on specific engagement
Defining and updating your company theme
You can define your company color theme once in Global Settings > Customer Engagement > Campaigns > Theme tab
Defining your theme once applies to all campaigns, including existing enabled campaigns (created using this new designer). Changing the Footer also applies to existing enabled campaigns.
Once the design is overridden, the global theme changes won't apply.
Converting campaigns designed with the legacy designer
You can convert campaigns created with the legacy designer in one click. Click on edit to edit your existing campaign. When you open the campaign in the old designer, a popup should appear at the bottom right, asking you to edit in the new Designer. Clicking edit will convert the campaign and open the new component-based Designer. Continue to edit the campaign design and make changes. Name the links you want to be tracked and hit save. Once saved, the campaign is converted and will always open in the new Designer.
What happens to existing campaigns?
Your existing campaigns are fine, and editing existing campaigns will open in the legacy campaign designer.
Do I need to update my existing campaigns?
No, you don't have to make any changes to existing campaigns.
How can I tell which campaigns are new and which ones are old?
All campaigns created using the new designs have a bright, colorful dot on them.
Can I convert my existing campaign to the new designer to take advantage of the new changes?
We are working to make that happen, but you are welcome to create new campaigns from scratch in the new editor.
Can the new campaigns open in the legacy designer?
No. Campaigns created using the new designer will always open in the new designer.
If you have more questions, feel free to reach out to your CSM.