Toatngo customers create a 360 view of their customers by ingesting data from multiple sources such as CRMs. It is a best practice to enable writing back the information to the source system because Totango is not their system of record.
The write-back attribute setting allows your company to preserve your 360 view by syncing the information back to the origin system.
This article includes the following topics:
Setting an attribute to write-back
- Navigate to Global Settings > Data Management > Data Modeler
- Click the name of the attribute you’d like to edit
- Switch ON the “Enable write-back in real time” toggle in the Source section
- Click save and you’re done.
If your data is synced using the Legacy Salesforce connector, it will look like this:
Note, in case you do not see the "Enable write-back in real-time" option, contact Totango Support.
Important note, CRM integration must be configured first in CRM integration or Legacy Salesforce integration.
Writing-back an attribute
Write-back a single attribute is available in account profile, segments inline updates, user profile, task completion, and Rapid Insights Form.
- Write-back from Account Profile key info widget
- Write-back from a Rapid Insight Form
- Write-back from a segment (inline update)
Note, since the write-back is a synchronic action, a detailed outcome message will appear after the sync is done.
- Write-back is not supported for bulk updates in segments, forms, and forecast dialog
- Write-back is not supported for user profile header attributes only in the per account sections
- Salesforce reference field like Owner.Name is not supported for write-back,
Since most of the account assignments are based on reference fields, the write-back option is not supported for account assignments
- List and lifecycle attributes are supported in all the CRM integration and not the Traditional Salesforce connector.
- Writing back from task completion modal and Rapid Insights Forms are supported in all the CRM integration and not the Traditional Salesforce connector.