Totango users have a lot of HR and demographics information which is important for making better decisions.
Viewing any Totango users information helps managers make smarter information-based decisions.
Totango Admins can configure and upload any information from various sources and schedule a recurring upload.
This article contains the following topics:
- Use Cases
- How To Configure Totango User Attributes?
- How to Upload Totango User Information?
- How to View Totango User Information?
- How to Edit Totango User Information?
- Totango User Status Values
- Upload Totango user information on a recurring basis from various sources (like, SFTP, S3, ...)
- Create Totango User Pools based on Totango User information to better analyze Totango user data in Totango Users page and Team Spotlight
- Create Dynamic assignment SuccessPlays based on Totango user information
How To Configure Totango User Attributes?
Go to the Totango User Page under Global Settings and choose the "Totango User Attributes" tab.
Review the system Totango user attributes or add your own Totango user information.
How to Upload Totango User Information?
Totango Admins should use the Customer Data Hub to upload Totango user information.
Using Customer Data Hub will allow you to benefit from all the file integration capabilities - like various sources, scheduling, monitoring, ...
Admins can go to Customer Data Hub to configure the Totango User file integration
Or click on the Totango Users bulk upload button in the Totango Users page to start configuring this upload.
These are the special fields in this file integration:
- Status - you cannot upload information to the Totango user status as this is a system attribute. You can influence the Totango user status by determining whether this user is active or inactive by using the "Is Active" attribute.
- Totango Role - you cannot upload information to the Totango user role as this is a system attribute. Totango role is by default "Regular User", you can only change it to "Global Admin" manually on the Totango Users page.
- Is Active - This attribute is used to state if the user is active or disabled. You can upload this information to new and existing users.
These are the valid values for "Is Active" attribute:
- For active users use one of these texts: "enable", "active", "1", "true", "yes".
- For Disabled users use one of these texts: "inactive", "disable", "0", "false", "no".
How to View Totango User Information?
You can view, filter and add/remove Totango user information columns on the Totango users page.
How to Edit Totango User Information?
Managing the Totango user information is easily done by uploading a new set of data. Admins can also update specific Totango user information by editing it from the Totango user dialog.
Totango User Status Values
Totango user status mentioned the user status which is used in authentication and licensing.
A Totango user can be in one of these states: Created, Active, Disabled, and Created (Disabled).
Created - The Totango user was created but did not log into the system yet. This user is not counted as a licensed Totango user.
Active - This is an active Totango user who logged in at least once and is counted as a licensed user.
Admins can change this user status only to "disabled".
Note, in order to help customers manage their Totango instance sometimes Totango employees are invited to the customer Totango instance. In these cases, an active user which belongs to the totango.com domain will not be counted as a licensed user.
Disabled - This is an active Totango user who turned to be disabled. This user cannot log into Totango products and is not counted as a licensed user.
Admins can change this user status only to "active".
Created (Disabled) - This is a created user who was created in a disabled status using Customer Data Hub only. you cannot disable "created" users from Totango Spark UI.