Topics covered in this article:
- How To Create a Connection
- How to Configure SFTP Connection
- How to Configure S3 Connection
- How to Configure Minio Connection
- How to Configure Dropbox Connection
- Customer Data Hub SFTP Whitelisting
In modern technology, there is a clear need to reuse objects and let the user configure each object once and repeatedly use it over and over again.
This is the basic assumption of the “Connection” configuration in Totango Customer Data Hub.
Connection to a data source is usually done by Ops or Data teams, and the main idea is that it will be configured once and you can reuse the same connection for several file integrations.
Important note, the data file integration family is a closed system, therefore, the data source connectors which are created can be re-used for only file-based integrations and not for other integration families.
How To Create a Connection
- Go to your Totango instance and click on Global Settings > Data Management >Customer Data Hub > click on data files card (note: you will need Totango Admin privileges).
- Create a new connection (or review your existing connections)
How to Configure SFTP Connection
Insert the mandatory information for connecting to SFTP
- Username - SFTP login username
- Password - SFTP login password
- Host Name - SFTP host domain e.g. www.totango.com
- Folder path - the path to the file in one of the following forms
- Relative path - a relative path from your user home folder to the CSV file. for e.g "documents\"
- Full path - the full path to the CSV file. for e.g "\usr\joe\documents\"
- To indicate a “root” folder, just use a slash sign (“/”).
How to Configure S3 Connection
Insert the required information for connecting to AWS S3
- Access Key ID - AWS API key ID
- Secret Key - AWS API key secret
- Bucket Name - AWS bucket name
- Folder path - The folder path is optional and should include the path of the file folder in the bucket without the "/" characters at the beginning or the end
See this article to understand how to view, modify and create your AWS Access Key and Secret Access Key.
How to Configure Minio Connection
What is Minio?
Minio is a self-hosted object storage server fully compatible with Amazon S3.
It's an S3-compatible storage server that you can run on your own on-premise servers or even local computer. Read more.
How to pull data from Minio?
Insert the mandatory information for connecting to Minio
- Endpoint URL - your Minio URL address
- Access Key ID - Minio key ID
- Secret Key - Minio key secret
- Bucket Name - Minio bucket name
- Folder path - folder path is optional and should include the path of the file folder in the bucket without the "/" characters at the beginning or the end.
In case the files you want to upload are at the folder root, keep the folder path empty.
How to Configure Dropbox Connection
Dropbox configuration is based on OAuth credentials. Enter the connection name and description, and click the “Test and Save connection” to connect using your OAuth credentials.
You will be asked to enter your Dropbox credentials unless you are already connected in a different tab of the browser. In the later, the oAuth configuration will take the credentials stored in your active session.
Customer Data Hub SFTP Whitelisting
In the event that your network is behind a firewall, you will need to whitelist our servers so that we may retrieve files from your SFTP server.
Please follow the instructions in this Customer Data Hub IP Whitelisting article to configure your IP whitelist.