Create and send custom forms to internal users to facilitate gathering of account information in a simple intuitive manner.
Everyone has surely used Google Forms to create custom forms to send to users. Totango's Information Request Forms feature allows admins to similarly create custom forms and send it out to Spark and Zoe users to gather account specific information in an intuitive manner.
Here are some common business cases where Forms can be very powerful
- Request a Sales Manager who just closed a deal to provide a deal summary so the CS team can engage effectively with the customer
- Request the support engineer to provide details of Escalation on an account
- Request a Sales Manager to provide specific information in the contract that can be digitized and acted on in SuccessPlays
This article contains the following sections
- Creating custom Forms
- Automating information gathering using SuccessPlays
- Request account information on demand
- Filling a Form
- Things to note
Creating custom Forms
A CS Admin can create custom forms under Global Settings. Follow these steps to create a custom Form.
- Go to Global Settings > Forms > Create New
- Enter a Name
- Enter a Description
- Provide Target Account Types - A form can be targeted to certain account types such as Customer or Product. The default setting is "All Account Types"
- Add one or more Dimensions
- Choose one or more fields or dimensions to add to the Form.
- Added fields can be selectively made mandatory
- Read Only fields can also be added to the form. This is useful to provide context. Read Only fields are presented as disabled
- If editable fields already have a value the field is presented blank with the current value appearing below the field
- Enable the Form or save it as draft to enable later.
Automating information gathering using SuccessPlays
Once a Form has been created it can be included in a manual or automated SuccessPlay. A new activity type "Request Information" is introduced in a SuccessPlay to allow admins to add a Request Information activity in a SuccessPlay.
- A Request Information activity is identical to a task with an assignor, assignee and a due date
- A user who is assigned this form fill task is prompted to fill the assigned form and on submitting the form the task is marked as complete.
Note : The Request Information task will only be assigned to accounts with matching target account types setup on the Form.
Request specific account information on demand
Similar to assigning a task a CSM or CS Manager can assign a Request Information task to another user or account role from My Profile, Account Profile of an account or the Take Action button section in the timeline view of the segment
Filling a Form
When a task of filling a form is assigned, the assignee can view this task in the Work tab. Clicking on complete task, launches the form, and presents the user with the fields in the form for the user to complete. When the user submits the form the task is marked as complete.
Things to note
- Admins must ensure that users filling the form have the "Account Permissions > Update Account Information" permission available.
- Target account types assigned to Forms ensure that only the right forms are presented in accounts of matching account types. In a SuccessPlay an admin must ensure that the accounts in the SuccessPlay match the target account types assigned to a Form.