My company ops team tasks management system is Jira, I want to create a critical task for the ops team whenever a file upload to Totango fails.
This is my way to make sure the ops team will response and fix the issue ASAP.
I am using Zapier to connect my company data points, I will use it to connect Totango Integration Hub Execution Reporting with Jira.
This article describes how to do it, just follow these steps:
- Create a Zapier Webhook Catch Trigger
- Configure the webhook in IH execution notification
- Configure Jira Ticket Creation In Zapier
Create a Zapier Webhook Catch Trigger
Go to Zapier and create a "catch trigger" webhook.
Configure the webhook in IH execution notification
Configure the webhook URL in Totnago Spark Integration Hub notification settings page.
Configure Jira Ticket Creation In Zapier
To start configuring this webhook in Zapier, I need to send a sample webhook trigger and make sure will "catch" it. In order to do that, I will activate it in Zapier and click the webhook test button (near the preview payload link).
1. Activate webhook catching in Zapier by clicking "Ok, I did this" on the "Catch hook" page:
2. Click the webhook test button (near the preview payload link) to send a sample payload to the defined Webhook URL.
This is how the webhook testing looks like:
3. Go back to Zapier, to configure the Jira ticket creation:
4. Once the Jira ticket creation action is ready, you only need to test it.
Now, whenever a file upload fails, it automatically creates a Jira task to my company ops team.