System users generate a lot of content such as SuccessBlocs, tasks, and segments. The ability to reassign these resources helps you to easily support any changes within your company's organizational structure. Resource reassignment in Totango enables this by allowing global admins to reassign any user's public and private resources, roles, and managers to another user, at any time.
This article includes the following topics:
- What Can Be Reassigned?
- How to Reassign Resource, Roles, and Managers
- What Happens Once a Resource, Role, or Manager Reassigned?
What Can Be Reassigned?
Global admins can reassign the following resources:
- Public/ Shared Resources
- Private Resources
- Account Team Roles
How To Reassign Resources, Roles, and Managers
A global admin can reassign resources, roles, and managers by following these steps:
- Navigate to Global Settings
- Select Totango Users
- Select a specific user and choose "re-assign user resources" option in the menu.
- Select what you'd like to reassign, and who you'd like to reassign these items to
- Click "Reassign" and you're done
What Happens Once a Resource, Role, or Manager Reassigned?
Both shared and private resources will display the reassigned user as the owner of the resource(s).
- Shared Resources: will now display the reassigned user as the owner of the resource(s)
- For tasks within SuccessPlays where the original user was listed in the "Assigned by", the reassigned user will replace them.
- For Campaigns which the original user was listed as a sender or a BCC, the reassigned user will replace them.
- Private Resources: will now display the reassigned user as the owner of the resource(s)
- Any open tasks that were assigned to the original user will be assigned to the reassigned user. Completed tasks will not be updated.
- For tasks within SuccessPlays where the original user was listed in the "Assigned to", the reassigned user will replace them.
- Roles: the reassigned user's Account Team Role will be updated and they will be added to the Account Team for any accounts where that role is relevant. The original user will be removed from the account team under the reassigned role.
- Managers: When using Team Hierarchy, any system users who were direct reports of the original user will now be direct reports of the reassigned user, and the manager will be replaced in the hierarchy team settings.
Question: Will the reassigned user be notified?
Answer: The reassigned user will be notified via email on new tasks and new accounts he now owns.
Question: When I am deleting a bulk of system users, what happens to the shared resources?
Answer: The shared resources are not reassigned and the deleted users will still be displayed as the resource owner. We recommended refraining from deleting a user who owns shared resources in bulk.
Question: Who can I reassign resources, roles, and managers to?
Answer: You can reassign content to any user that already exists in Totango. Note: you cannot create a new user during reassignment.
Question: What is my user's Account Team Roles are synced from Salesforce.com or another source?
Answer: You must update the role in the source system and allow it to sync across. Once the sync is complete, the reassignment happens automatically.
Question: What if the re-assigned user does not share the same SuccessTeams as the original user?
Answer: The re-assigned user will be added to all the SuccessTeams which the original user belongs to. Note: this is done by the system, no need to add the original user manually.
Question: What is Team Hierarchy?
Answer: Team Hierarchy is a feature which sets your SuccessTeams based on the user hierarchy at your company. It can easily create and maintain SuccessTeam per manager/s.