Segments are a powerful feature within Totango providing users with the ability to segment customers based on clear criteria. Administrators and SB creators and collaborators, while creating segments in SuccessBLOCs want to save the Segment with specific sort and filter settings so the rest of the team always experience Segments with these preconfigured settings.
This is now possible with a new setting ("Save current view as Default") in the Segment additional settings menu.
How-To save segment with default settings
Administrators, SB owners and collaborators can follow these steps to save a segment with specific settings to ensure other team members using the SB always view the segment with the settings preset.
- Create a Segment with the necessary segment criteria and list of columns necessary to view the criteria
- Define the default settings (Sort, Group By, Flow selection on Work and Timeline tab) on the segment as you would normally select it
- Click on the right Segment tab (List, Progress,Timeline, Work) that should be the default tab
- Click on the "Save current view as Default" in the Segment additional settings on top right
What settings will be saved as default view?
The following settings will be saved as default for a Segment view
- List tab
- My Accounts / All Accounts / Any specific user selection
- Grouped By
- Sorted By
- Column Widths
- Progress View
- Status Attribute
- Collapse All / Expand All
- Timeline View
- Flow Selection
- Work View
- Open / Completed Tasks or Both
- Group By