Companies who use Totango create a 360 view of their customers by ingesting data from multiple sources such as CRMs and Helpdesks. It is a best practice to lock down attributes that receive data from these sources because Totango is not the system of record.
The read-only attribute setting allows your company to preserve your 360 view by letting Global Admins control attribute editability.
This article includes the following topics:
How to set an attribute as read-only
- Navigate to Global Settings
- Select Attributes and Metrics
- Select whether you are marking an Account or User attribute as read-only
- Click the name of the attribute you’d like to edit
- Uncheck the “Can be edited in Totango Spark” box in the Editability section
- Click save and you’re done.
Question: What do my users see when an attribute is marked as read-only?
Answer: Your users will be able to see the attribute on account profiles and in segments; however, the pencil button () which allows users to edit the attribute value will not be visible.
Question: Can a global admin edit read-only attribute values?
Answer: No. Global admins can decide which information is read-only, but like any other user cannot change the read-only attribute value.
- A user cannot edit calculated information like rollups, custom metrics, and usage aggregation.
- Attributes that ingest their value from Salesforce are read-only by default. These attributes cannot be made editable within Spark. This limitation will be removed once Salesforce sync back capability will be released to GA.