Using this feature, customers can customize the campaigns footer and the Unsubscribe and resubscribe pages that are shown to the recipients of Totango Campaigns and brand it as per their own company branding. This article includes the following topics:
- Customized Footer: Customers can define their campaigns footer based on the company standards and place the unsubscribe link anywhere in the footer.
- Customized Unsubscribe Page: Customers can customize their unsubscribe and resubscribe pages using Totango's template or a fully branded HTML.
- HTML Best Practices
How to customize the campaigns footer?
A global admin in Totango can customize the campaigns footer. Follow the steps below to customize the footer:
- In Totango, go to Global Settings > Campaigns and under the "Email Content" tab, scroll to the Footer Settings.
- In this section, you can define the footer as per your company's standards which includes the text, font size, font color and placement of unsubscribe link within the footer.
- IMPORTANT: It is mandatory for you add a Totango unsubscribe link anywhere in the footer so that Totango can present the unsubscribe page and track unsubscribes within Totango.
- You can add the unsubscribe link to you footer by clicking the "Insert Unsubscribe Link" icon on the rich text editor.
You can also insert the unsubscribe link in the body message of your campaign by using the same icon.
How to Customize the Unsubscribe and Resubscribe Pages?
Using this feature, you can design how unsubscribe and resubscribe pages look. When a users clicks on the "unsubscribe" link in their email, they will be taken to the company branded unsubscribe page.
Totango will still be able to track the unsubscribes from the button once the user clicks on the unsubscribe button. The resubscribe page will be shown to the users if they are already unsubscribed.
You should be a Global Admin in order to customize the unsubscribe and resubscribe pages.
You can customize the pages using:
- Totango's Template
You can customize the page using the following steps:
- In Totango, go to Global Settings > Campaigns and click on the Unsubscribe Page tab.
- Within the page, first decide which option you would like to use to customize the page.
Follow the steps below based on the option you select.
1. Customize using Totango's Template
Totango's template lets you customize the unsubscribe and resubscribe pages using an easy to use UI. You can do the following using this template:
- Brand the page by uploading your logo, changing the background color and adding a footer. These will be used on both the unsubscribe and resubscribe pages. You can see the preview of both the pages in their dedicated space.
- Define your Unsubscribe page in the "Unsubscribe" section. You can decide the unsubscribe message in this section.
- Define your Resubscribe page in the "Resubscribe" section. You can decide the resubscribe message in this section.
2. Customize using HTML
In order to customize the pages using HTML, you need the following:
- You need to have the HTML codes for your unsubscribe and resubscribe pages.
- You should identify the location of unsubscribe/resubscribe buttons within this code.
In the page you will see two sections - Unsubscribe Page and Resubscribe Page.
IMPORTANT: At the location of your unsubscribe button, add an ID of "unsubscribeButton" (
id="unsubscribeButton") and similarly at the location of your resubscribe button, add an ID of "resubscribeButton" (
You will not be able to save this page without adding the button IDs since this is the only way for Totango to track the unsubscribes and avoid sending campaigns to unsubscribed users.
HTML Best Practices
- Only use linked images. Do not attach images to the code
- Only use in-line styling.
- Do not include @media definitions
- If you cannot see the preview it means that the HTML code cannot be parsed.
- Will the new footer be presented on all campaigns?
No, the new footer settings only affects the newly created campaigns and does not disturb the ongoing and scheduled campaigns.
- Can I remove the unsubscribe link from all campaigns?
No, you cannot remove unsubscribe link from all campaigns by updating the Footer Settings under Global Settings. As a best practice, you can only remove the unsubscribe link from one-off campaigns that are direct communications to Customers.
- Do I have to change anything on unsubscribe and resubscribe pages?
For existing customers, the unsubscribe and resubscribe pages will continue to function as they do today. They do not need to make any changes.