Create a scheduled integration job using any data file connection (except for local file). You can create scheduled jobs for the following cadences:
- By minutes
- Workdays (M - F)
Scheduled data files require a connection. Before you create the integration job, do the following:
- Configure a data file connection.
- Prepare a CSV file.
- Upload the CSV file to the file system of the selected application with which you have a connection (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.).
Upload a data file (recurring)
Totango allows you to import data into Totango for the following objects:
- Usage aggregations
- Totango users
- Account assignment
- Tasks (inbound)
- Touchpoints (inbound)
- Accounts foreign keys
After you select the object and the file, you can map the source fields to Totango attributes.
- From within Settings, expand Data Management > Customer Data Hub.
- From the list of active connectors (left), choose Data Files.
- From the list of available connectors, hover over the connector you have configured, and click View Integrations.
- Click +Create Integration.
- Choose from the available objects to import.
A new integration page appears, based on the selected object (e.g., New Accounts Integration).
- In the Select Data Source area, locate the CSV file hosted within the selected application's file system.
- Once the file is selected, an additional section appears for mapping and formatting data fields. Totango attempts to map the columns in the source file (CSV) with attributes in Totango. Required attributes (keys) are mapped at the top of the list.
- Ensure that each source field (left) maps to the desired Totango attribute (right).
- For each source field, you can edit the source format. This option is often used for dates, where Totango will transform the raw data from your file into the formatting you specify.
- For each Totango attribute, you can choose a different attribute to map to if the auto-mapping wasn't correct.
- Totango may also denote attributes to add as new if it didn't find an existing attribute. (Supported data types for adding new from the integration job include Text, Number, Currency, Date, Foreign Key.)
- Hover next to a mapping to remove it from the integration job. This option is useful if you don't want to modify the source file but want to skip a column.
- Hover next to a mapping to optionally add a note to reference later or document the logic behind this mapping.
- You can add new mapping to re-use a column from the data file or open the Function Editor and add a constant to all rows or some other logic.
- Click Validate Mapping. The validation must be successful in order to proceed.
- Preview the data in the file to ensure it looks correct.
- From the Settings section, set the following:
- Name: Because you can later upload data for the same object, a name and description helps you identify the job later.
- Description: Add a description for the job.
- Allow new accounts creation: Allow new records to be created during the integration. If disabled, only records that already exist in Totango will be affected by the upload (e.g., attribute values may be set but new records will be ignored).
- From the Schedule section, set the following:
- Run: Choose the recurring schedule you want this job to run.
- Upload immediately after saving: Run the job now and then run according to the schedule thereafter, or run it according to the next schedule only.
Enable integration scheduling: Allow the scheduling job. If unchecked, the job will be saved in a disabled state.
- Click Save and Upload.
- The job is saved, and you can monitor upload progress in real time. The sync status changes automatically as the job completes.
Upload time is measured from the beginning of the file upload until it is available in the UI.
- Click inside a job to view more details.
Uploads more most objects will be immediately reflected in the UI once the processing is done for the selected schedule (e.g., accounts, users, collections, etc.). Usage data uploads (activity stream and aggregated usage) will be reflected in the UI once a day.
Manage integration options for scheduled jobs
Hover over an integration job and click the Ellipses (..) to view options:
- Edit: Change job mappings, settings, or schedule.
- Duplicate: Create a copy of the job.
- Run now: Run the job immediately. Will not impact the existing recurring schedule.
- Download: View the file that was uploaded and analyze the data outside of Totango. Download any file from a previous job from the Job History window.
- Disable: Disable the integration job. You can re-enable a schedule anytime.
- History: View the history of the job. Filter by integration history or details. Download the source file for any job.
- Trigger endpoint: Find the API call structure details for triggering the file integration right when you r company data process ends. Read more.
- Delete: If you don't need the integration job anymore, you can delete. This is a permanent action.
Question: What happens if the file was not updated? Will it upload it again?
Answer: The integration job skips the file if it's the same file from the last successful upload. The file integration run will be “skipped” and mark in red as it is a failure.
Question: I added some columns to my file, what is the best to re-map the file integration to include these columns?
Answer: New file columns will not automatically be added; you must modify the integration job's mapping. Find the file integration you want to edit, click the edit option and go to the mapping section. Open the column dropdown and look for the new column names. (Use the green background to easily spot new columns.) Changing the mapping in a job requires you to re-validate the file.
Question: What happens if an attribute used in integration is deleted from the Data Model?
Answer: You cannot delete an attribute that is mapped in a recurring job. You will be able to delete an attribute that was in use in a one-time upload.