Scorecards help you define and track goals visually using one or more KPIs for a SuccessBloC. Use these to ensure you are on track to achieve your goals and take corrective action when you are not meeting your targets.
The system supports various types of visualization as described below
- Use Numeric KPIs to show a numeric visualization of a metric.
- E.g. # of Accounts Onboarding in Poor Health, Average ACV of accounts in Onboarding
- Use Trend KPIs (line / bar chart) to show a trend of a particular metric over a period of time
- E.g. Trend of NPS Score post Onboarding, Trend of Accounts delayed in Onboarding
- Use the Pie KPIs to show the distribution of a metric for a Segment
- E.g Health of accounts in Onboarding
- Use the Percentage KPIs to calculate percentages using any metric such as Contract Value or Number of Accounts.
- E.g Percent of accounts delayed in Onboarding
- E.g Percent of accounts with poor health over all Paying accounts
Defining a Scorecard is easy:
- Add a title and subtitle that describes the KPI
- Define the type of visualization you need for the KPI
- Pick a metric that drives this KPI
- The system offers "Accounts" to help you count the number of accounts that meet the criteria
- Specify a unit for display purposes
- Pick an aggregation
- Note that if the metric is "Accounts" the aggregation option is hidden since it does not apply
- Define an interval to compare the current data against and trend it
- Finally, define a threshold target to indicate the color for the display
For Trend Scorecards (Line or Bar)
- Additionally choose a historical timeline to trend the data
For Percent Scorecards
- Choose any metric, aggregation function to aggregate the metric on accounts in Segment for numerator and denominator calculations
- You may choose a fixed value to calculate the percentage.
- You cannot use a User Segment for SuccessBloc Scorecards, it must be an Account Segment