Tags are used in Totango to automatically highlight important insights about accounts and users. Totango allows you to add and remove tags via the IH file integration.
In order to manage account and user tags use file integration to upload a CSV file containing the tags.
Prepare your CSV file
Your CSV file should include each tag name as a separate column using this preserve format tag##<tag name>, for example, tag##reference account.
The tag value can be "yes", "true", "no", "false".
What does the tag value mean?
- Use "yes" or "true" (lowercase) as a tag value to add this tag
- Use "no" or "false" (lowercase) as a tag value to remove this tag
- Use empty as a tag value to not change the existing tag.
Review the example file below:
In this example, tag##reference account will not be changed, tag##support will be added to account123, tag##old account will be removed (if exists).
How to upload the file?
- Open the Integration Hub> Data files page in Totango
- Click on the plus button and select "Upload Data"
- Select the "Accounts" or "Users" based on your use case.
- Follow the steps to configure a file integration described in this article.
Please note that a tag attributes section will appear when the automatic mapping will spot the tag column header format.
- You can upload tags and attributes in the same file.
- Note, in case a tag does not exist, it will be created by integration hub.
For more information, contact your CSM