Tags are used in Totango to automatically highlight important insights about accounts and users. Totango allows you to add and remove tags via the UI for a single or multiple accounts/users.
In addition, you can use Integration Hub Data Files to add/remove tags.
The method is to use Integration Hub Data Files to upload a CSV file containing the desired tags.
The following must be fulfilled in order to manage tags using csv:
- The tag must be already defined in Totango, a new tag will not be created.
- To define an account tag, the tag must be added to at least one account
- To define a user tag, the tag must be added to at least one user
- Tag name should be unique among tags and attributes (you cannot have attribute and tag with the same name)
Prepare your CSV file
Your CSV file should include each tag name as a separate column. The tag value will be "yes" or "no".
What does the tag value mean?
- Use 'yes' (lowercase) as a tag value to add this tag
- Use 'no' (lowercase) as a tag value to remove this tag
In the following example, tag 2 will be added to account_1, tag 3 will be removed (if exists) and tag 1 will not be changed:
How to upload the file?
- Open the integration hub -> Data files page in Totango.
- Click on "+ Upload Data" button
- Select the "Accounts Data" or "Users Data" based on your use case.
- Select the file and add a description.
Make sure that the option to "Allow new attribute creation" is turned off.
- Complete the import, without changing the mapping. Totango will map the CSV fields to the tags.
- Please note that if the tags do not exist, the import will fail.
For more information, contact your CSM