The Account team capability will enable you to define the list of users who are playing a role on an account and are part of the account team. You can leverage the Account team feature to know better with who you should connect on your accounts and actively engage them through customer success efforts.
Account team feature helps you form a team of users on an account who is responsible for various activities on the account. The account team consists of the list of roles that are working together to drive the success of the account. The account team can include any set of roles.
For example, you may have a Success Manager, Onboarding Manager, Sales Manager, Executive Sponsor working on an account. Each of these would be a role on the account. You can assign a user to every role who will then be part of the account team and will be responsible for the account.
You can use a member of the Account Team to:
- Identify the responsible people on an account and contact them.
- Assign role-specific tasks via SuccessPlay or directly on the account.
- Send campaigns on an account team member’s behalf using account role.
A member of the account team needs to have a license for Zoe.
How to configure Account Roles:
You can add, edit and delete account roles for your Totango through the ‘Account Team’ page under ‘Global Settings’. This page displays a list all account roles in the system for you.
Add a new role
- Click on the ‘Add new role’ button on top right.
- Account roles work exactly like attributes and can have Salesforce and API as their source. You should select a name, description, and source for a role and save it. You can also decide if you want this attribute to be editable in Totango or not and how you would like the default value to be set in the event that this role is uploaded empty.
- Account Role name cannot include special characters.
- Once saved, this new account role will be available on the account team and segments.
Edit or delete an Account Role from Account Assignment
Learn more about using Account Roles & Permissions!