The Account team capability will enable you to define the list of users who are playing a role on an account and are part of the account team. You can leverage the Account team feature to know better with who you should connect on your accounts and actively engage them through customer success efforts.
Account team feature helps you form a team of users on an account who is responsible for various activities on the account. The account team consists of the list of roles that are working together to drive the success of the account. The account team can include any set of roles.
For example, you may have a Success Manager, Onboarding Manager, Sales Manager, Executive Sponsor working on an account. Each of these would be a role on the account. You can assign a user to every role who will then be part of the account team and will be responsible for the account.
You can use a member of the Account Team to:
- Identify the responsible people on an account and contact them.
- Assign role-specific tasks via SuccessPlay or directly on the account.
- Send campaigns on an account team member’s behalf using account role.
A member of the account team needs to have a license for Zoe.
How to use and consume
Viewing and contacting the account team on the Account Profile
- You can see the list of account team members and their roles in the ‘Account Team’ widget under the timeline widget.
- You can contact an account team member via email by clicking on the envelope icon next to their name.
Adding users to the Account Team
- Any user with an access to this account is able to view, add and edit users on a role in account team.
- The user being assigned to a role should be a licensed Spark or Zoe user.
How to change the user that is assigned to an Account Role?
**Changing the user on a role does not impact any open or completed tasks assigned to the role. New tasks created on the role will be assigned to the new user.
Using account roles
You can use account roles across Totango in
Assigning tasks using different account role
Assigning tasks using SuccessPlays
Using roles in campaigns
You can personalize a campaign by selecting the sender as a member of the account team by a role. Any role can send a campaign.
Using roles in Segments
You can use all the roles to create a segment. You have all the roles available under Team Info and you can query using them. For example: “Show me all accounts that have Renewal Manager as Oren Raboy” or “Show me all accounts where renewal manager exists.
Using the criteria Owner, you can query for all account roles. For example: if your query was “Show me all accounts where the owner is Oren Raboy” then you will get a segment of all accounts Oren Raboy is an account team member as any of the roles.
You can also add the role as a segment column to see the current person on that role in the account team. You have all the roles available under ‘Team Information’ section.
How to configure
You can add, edit and delete account roles for your Totango through the ‘Account Team’ page under ‘Global Settings’. This page displays a list all account roles in the system for you.
Add a new role
- Click on the ‘Add new role’ button on top right.
- Account roles work exactly like attributes and can have Salesforce and API as their source. You should select a name, description, and source for a role and save it.
- Account role name cannot include special characters.
- Once saved, this new account role will be available on the account team and segments.
Edit or delete an Account role from the Account Team
Wher can I find the existing roles 'Success Manager' and "Sales Manager' with the new "Account Team' feature?
Totango supports two roles ‘Success Manager’ and ‘Sales Manager’ as named attributes out of the box today.
These attributes will now be considered as account roles and will appear on the Account Roles’ page along with other roles. You will no longer see them in the Attributes & Metrics page. However, there will be no change in their behavior and will continue to have the assigned users on them.