Once Totango is used to manage follow-up tasks and action-items for the CSM team, you can easily segment customers based on the work the team is putting into them.
The following are simple use cases where this becomes beneficial:
- I can set priority for my team by creating a list of all the poor and average health customers with overdue tasks.
- I can identify work to be assigned, by creating a list of poor health accounts that have no tasks assigned.
- I can understand which renewal accounts don't have any work going on, so that I can nudge people towards doing this work.
- I can get visibility into the list of accounts with work due this week so that I can help my team accomplish it on time.
- I can understand the work that was completed for accounts that are important to me.
- I can reassess the approach to managing customers by creating a list of accounts which are in poor health despite the huge amount of attention they received from my team in the past month.
You can only report on accounts and not on “assignee” or “assigned by” or tasks specifically.
For example, you are able to filter on accounts with open tasks, but not assignees with open tasks.
Where to find task reporting
You can create an active list with task related filters or columns.
Once you have created an active list, you can use this task related active list in any report.
Help you get started
How to create a list of all my poor and average health customers with overdue tasks
Create a new active list in Totango, select “Priority work” from the suggested filters
You can filter this list on your accounts only by selecting “My accounts” in the toggle, or filter on other CSM accounts by adding the “Success manager” attribute to the filter:
How to create a list of poor health accounts that have no tasks assigned
Create a new active list in Totango, select “Work to be assigned” from the suggested filters.
You can sort the list of accounts on “Success manager” to find out the work to be assigned to each CSM.
How to create a list of paying accounts with work due this week
Create a new active list in Totango, select “Paying account” and “Work to be completed” from the suggested filters.
When you want to assess the work that need to be completed, selecting the "Work to be completed" suggested filter would bring the open tasks without the overdue tasks.
In order to understand the full picture of the account that needs your attention, create 2 active lists:
1. List of all the accounts with work to be completed, based on the "Work to be completed" suggested filter.
2. List of all the accounts with overdue tasks, based on the "Overdue tasks" filter.
When you want to filter the accounts with less than 3 open tasks, you will get all the accounts with no tasks as well.
Please note, if you want to filter all the accounts with less than 3 open tasks and exclude the accounts with no tasks, you should add a filter condition "Open tasks at least 1".
This is relevant to "open tasks" and "overdue tasks" filters.