Who can use this feature?
Goals help your team understand exactly how effective your experiences are at driving users towards key activities in your website. By assigning a goal to an experience, you unlock access to advanced analytics that show how many users complete the goal, how long it takes them to complete the goal, and whether or not they viewed and completed the experience before achieving the goal.
Create a new goal
A goal can be defined as easily as selecting a button that you want users to click or specifying a page that you want them to reach. If your goal requires additional criteria, you can create a custom event goal instead.
- From within the Build section of your experience, click Create a new goal.
- Select the type of goal to create:
- Click action: Completed when a user clicks a designated website element. Website elements can be anything from a navigation item or button to a DIV or large container of many elements.
- Hover action: Completed when a user hovers over a designated website element.
- Page load action: Completed when a user reaches a designated URL on your website. The designated URL can either be a static URL or a dynamic URL that uses a wildcard '*' in place of IDs.
Custom: Custom event goals are goals that are completed when a user triggers a designated event that's tracked by your website. These goals can be used to achieve any advanced use case that is not possible with click action or page reached goals.
For example, if your website requires users to install a chrome extension there would be no way to track that a user has installed the extension based on a website click or page reached. Instead, when the user returns to your website after installing the extension you could detect that the extension is now installed and track an event called "Installed Extension."
- Depending on the goal type, complete the remaining properties.
- Click Create Goal.
The goal is available to choose from within the Build settings.