Totango tasks and touchpoints are designed to display cleanly in Salesforce. It is done by using a delimiter when the text is longer than what Salesforce supports.
How does it work?
- When Totango Tasks have a Title, it is synced to the Salesforce Task Subject and task description is synced to the Comments field.
- When Totango Tasks do not have a Title, the Task description is split by a delimiter in to Salesforce Task Subject and Comment fields.
The touchpoint is split using a delimiter. The first part of the Task or Touchpoint will be synced to the task subject field in Salesforce; the second part will be synced to the task comment field in Salesforce.
Task with a title
Task without title:
How To Use It:
- Place a delimiter to a Totango task description or Touchpoint using any of the below formats to indicate a line break between SFDC subject field and SFDC comment field.
- Subject line breaks at the first “Enter” marker
- Subject line breaks at the first “.” marker
- Subject line breaks at the first “-” marker
Since Salesforce does not support rich text on their comments field, any formatting on the Totango's Task description will be stripped out while syncing the tasks.