Who can use this feature?
The foundation of great customer experience is to listen, analyze, and act. The Run VOC Programs SuccessBLOC is essential for understanding customer sentiment regarding their overall relationship with your brand and specific experiences at checkpoints along the way.
For guided training, check out our self-paced course: SuccessBLOC Setup: Run VOC Programs.
This BLOC contains both CSAT and NPS campaigns and is intended for those who are just starting out with their VOC program. If you already have a VOC program in place, consider checking out the Improve NPS and Loyalty SuccessBLOC instead.
This BLOC does not require much data to get started! Download a CSV file for lists of account and user attributes used for this BLOC.
1. Understand CSAT and NPS surveys
The Run VOC Program relies on customer feedback from (CSAT) and/or Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys.
Capture transactional sentiment, typically around a particular event in the customer journey, such as completing onboarding.
Capture relational sentiment on overall brand. Typically scheduled on a regular cadence, such as every 6 or 12 months.
Survey results are captured within a special type of user-level attribute within Totango: CSAT or NPS. In addition to these attributes that capture the respondent’s score, you can also configure attributes for other survey-related data (e.g., comment, response date, etc.).
- Take inventory of any existing surveys that you run outside of Totango. Are there any that you want to replace with Totango? Do you have existing survey data to import?
- For every survey you want to start running with this BLOC, consider the resources required to process the volume of responses. It may determine which surveys you want to focus on first, including the segmentation schedule (e.g., stagger survey groups).
2. Prepare other attributes and assignments
In addition to attributes that capture survey data, this BLOC utilizes two account-level lifecycle attributes. These are common account-level attributes and may already be configured in your account:
- Customer Journey Stage identifies the stage your customer is at
- Onboarding Stage identifies steps within your onboarding process so that you can survey customers when they reach the end
This BLOC also uses several user-level attributes:
- Key Contact identifies important stakeholders within your account base
- Account Role ensure you target the right people for feedback
3. Customize campaigns
The BLOC includes both CSAT and NPS starter campaigns. Whatever survey-related campaign type you choose to start with (CSAT or NPS), you'll find additional configuration options within campaign designer.
You can configure and customize CSAT and NPS attributes right from campaign designer! You are not required to use Data Modeler for these.
- Review the campaigns in this BLOC, and customize the campaign(s) you choose so that the survey ties back to the right attribute. For CSAT surveys, you can also configure "high" and "low" reasons and other options.
- Review campaign targets and send criteria, and activate when ready!
4. Configure SuccessPlays
This BLOC comes with workflows to drive momentum with promoters and close the loop with detractors:
- Low Onboarding and low CSAT scores
- Turn detractors into promoters
- Turn passives into promoters
- Turn promoters into references
Each SuccessPlay can include post-completion actions, some automatic and some manual, such as adding a touchpoint after the interaction. Once the last task of one of your SuccessPlays is completed, review post-completion actions that can help you stay engaged with your customers.
With NPS feedback, it's common for multiple teams in the organization to want visibility. After all, NPS measures relational sentiment, which can span all touchpoints within marketing, product, onboarding, success, finance, and more! Explore the webhook option within SuccessPlays to automatically post NPS responses into your team's Slack workspace or other communication channels.
5. Edit scorecard and review results
The scorecard is made up of a series of KPI cards that measure the goals of your program. Each KPI card is driven by a segment. The segment defines the list of customers that you want to look at based on attributes.
For CSAT and NPS metric types, you can change the aggregation to show an average or distribution.
- Average tells you the average rating given
- Distribution tells the percent of total responses that were good